Positions currently available:
Hospice West Parry Sound is the only visiting hospice in the District of West Parry Sound.
Working closely with health care providers in home, community, hospital and long-term care, Hospice West Parry Sound provides end of life, bereavement and caregiver supports to residents of the District of West Parry Sound.
Hospice West Parry Sound is currently seeking a full-time Executive Director (ED). The successful candidate will:
- Possess a post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field
- Possess a minimum of three to five years of recent experience in a non-profit organization
- Possess previous recent related practice in hospice and/or palliative care
- Demonstrate recent related leadership and management experience that would empower them to lead an established and growing organization to effectively meet the program and relational needs and expectations of clients, families, and stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to foster and build upon established relationships with clients, partnering organizations and health care providers in a variety of settings
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills both written and verbal, including one on one, small group and large group settings
- Demonstrate the ability to comfortably conduct themselves in settings of grief, loss, and end of life situations
- Demonstrate the ability to create and foster a high performing team of staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a challenging health care environment to effectively execute strategic plans and priorities
- A regulated health care provider in the province of Ontario currently registered as a member in good standing with a College appropriate to their field of Social Work, Nursing, or other regulated health profession
- Master’s Degree would be considered an asset
- Qualified to counsel and/or perform the act of psychotherapy in the province of Ontario
- Interest and capacity to participate in fundraising and donor stewardship initiatives
Are requested to submit their current curriculum vitae to email@example.com
We respectfully thank all applicants for their time in applying, but please note only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Application Deadline: March 3, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
Remuneration commensurate with experience
HWPS is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform the Chair of the Board of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.