CLIENT BILL OF RIGHTS
Hospice West Parry Sound respects and works to protect our clients’ right to privacy, dignity and individuality.
- The right to be treated in a respectful manner and to be free from mental, physical and financial abuse by Hospice West Parry Sound.
- The right to be treated in a manner that respects the client’s dignity and privacy and that ultimately promotes client autonomy.
- The right to be treated in a manner that recognizes client individuality and that is sensitive to and responds to the client’s needs and preferences, including those based on ethnic, spiritual, familial and cultural factors.
- The right to information about the services Hospice West Parry Sound provide him/her.
- The right to participate in the assessment and development of his/her plan of service, as well as any reviews, evaluations and/or revisions of the client’s plan of service.
- The right to accept or refuse any service provided by Hospice West Parry Sound.
- The right to raise concerns or suggest changes to the service being provided to him/her without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
- The right to be informed of the laws, rules and policies affecting the operation of Hospice West Parry Sound.
- The right to have his/her records kept confidential.